Parents/guardians will no longer call to report student absences. Every parent/guardian will receive an attendance call when their child has been marked absent. The parent/guardian will then be asked to send a written documentation of the reason for the absence with their child when they return to school.
GFMS students will give the note to their homeroom teacher
- Elementary students will give the note to their teacher
For Carmel High School:
- Every parent/guardian will receive an attendance call when their child is absent, regardless of the reason for the absence.
- Parents/guardians no longer need to call the school to report an absence.
- Parents/guardians should send written documentation of the reason for the absence with their child when they return to school. A note from home will allow the student's absence to be changed to "Parent Request," and a note from a doctor or medical facility will allow the absence to be changed to "Medical Reason."
- In the event of an anticipated full-day or partial day absence, send a note with your child in advance of that absence, identifying the specific reason for the absence.
- In the event of late arrival to school, send a note with your child explaining the reason.
- All notes, except permission for early dismissal (below) should be dropped off in the "Absence Notes" basket located in the CHS Main Office.
- All parent/guardian notes giving permission for early dismissal should include the specific reason for the request. Your child should bring these notes to the CHS Main Office secretary. The secretary will give the student an "Early Dismissal Pass" that will allow them to leave CHS at the time you have designated.
- Contact your child's grade-level administrator with questions or concerns.